Carbon Monoxide Detector

Inhaling carbon monoxide can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. Once you are affected by the toxic gas, you will be sick and reach the point where you might need hospitalization. The worst effect that carbon monoxide could bring is death. In the United States alone, it was recorded that it is one of the leading causes of death. It does not choose its victims. What it does is cut the supply of oxygen to your vital organs such as the brain and the heart.

Carbon monoxide is produced when a fuel incompletely burns such as charcoals, oil, wood, kerosene, natural gas, propane and others. If you are using generators, water heaters, stoves, motor vehicles and the like, the possibility of being attacked by the toxin is always there. They are the common sources of it in your home.

Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless. Because of this, it has the ability to kill silently. You will not know when the toxic gas can break into your home and start affecting your family members one by one. In order to know, you need to have a carbon monoxide detector in your home. It will protect you and your whole family from being poisoned.

You will know if any of you is affected by the poisonous gas by observing the symptoms. The most common of them is severe headache. You will feel too much pain in your head that even pain relievers can’t completely take away. You will also likely suffer from the feeling of light headedness and dizziness. You might also experience vomiting and nausea. The eyes are sensitive to this gas and being exposed to it can result to blurred vision and confusion. Weakness will spread in your muscles. Fainting or convulsion would likely occur as well, depending on how strong the effect is.

Exposure to carbon monoxide can result to hypertension. It can also weaken the liver and eventually lead to acute renal failure. The lungs can also be hurt. When this happens, you will suffer from lung-related diseases. There may also be dramatic changes that others would notice in you like depression, forgetfulness, speech defect, irritability and others. If you are repeatedly exposed to carbon monoxide, you may develop coronary heart disease.

People who have respiratory problems are more sensitive to carbon monoxide, as well as pregnant women, kids and elders. Hence, getting a carbon monoxide detector to safeguard your home is a wise decision.

Before anyone in your home experience the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, prevention will take place as long as you have the device. It will alert you of its presence. Once you are aware that the poison is within your home, you can immediately vacate the area and ventilate it afterwards. Then, you can call a professional to investigate its source and fix it without delay.

When you buy a carbon monoxide detector, install it 5 feet above your floor or higher. Remember, carbon monoxide is very light and it can quickly rise. For this reason, the device should be placed somewhere high. However, do not place it near any piece of equipment that produces gas like a stove or heater. You should also avoid placing them near curtains. It is advisable to install it in the bedroom so that when it alarms and you are sleeping, you will hear it at once.

Get your carbon monoxide detector at any home improvement store. Our modern technology now allows us to make our purchases online. You will not have to go to the store if you do not have much time. Place your order at a dealer’s website and the item will be delivered to you after a few days.

This Carbon Monoxide Detector - Best Brand to Buy Review is Written/Updated on Mar 2nd, 2009 and filed under Home Automation, Home Improvement. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed